Top Ten Chocolates for Mom!
chocolocateteam — 3 years ago
Treat Mom to chocolate bliss this Mother Day’s and excite her taste buds with something daring or perhaps even a little adventurous.
Think outside the traditional chocolate box and have a little fun with Mom, exploring artisan chocolate in wacky flavors from Toronto local Chocolatiers.
Choco-locate, Toronto’s first comprehensive Chocolate iPhone app has hit the pavement to give you Toronto’s ten best new age chocolate:
• Spread your eternal love with a Sara Diamond Chocolate: Champagne and Organic Dark Chocolate truffle or a Black Pepper Rosemary Truffle from Art Square Gallery Café. All chocolate is organic and fair-trade, so you’re bound to give Mom that warm and fuzzy feeling. Located across from the AGO. Art Square Gallery Café, 334 Dundas West, Toronto, ON, M5T 1G5.
• MoRoCo Chocolat- Have Mom try the Marquis de Noir, a classic Parisian dark chocolate from this decadent chocolate boutique fit for a Queen Bee. 99 Yorkville Avenue Toronto, ON. Take Mom's chocolate relationship to the next level and savour or even sip your treat in this ultimate indulgence. Don't worry we won't tell.
• Spice up Mom’s life with Daniel Le Chocolat Belge’s Chipotle Pepper Truffle or a Lemon Grass Curry chocolate. Featuring dark ganache filling with chipotle pepper, semi sweet dark 55% cocoa- yum! Daniel Le Chocolat Belge, Kingsway Mills Plaza, 4242 Dundas St.W, Toronto, ON M8X-1Y9.
• Treat Mom to elegance with handmade Hungarian chocolates from Rubin Art. This sophisticated European-style setting and fresh Budapest inspired Chocolate will 'wow' Mom.
• Spice up Mom’s day with ChocoSol’s 5 Chili Bullet chocolate that will awaken her palate. Fair trade and socially just chocolate that’s good for the mind, body and soul. Find ChocoSol at Toronto Farmers markets like Evergreen Brickworks and Dufferin Grove.
• Step into a world of ‘Willy Wonka for adults’ at The Chocolateria. Let Mom re-live her childhood while delving into fresh and unusual flavours like a Peanut Butter Bacon Chocolate Bar. It’s the perfect combination of rich melt-in-your-mouth chocolate and the subtle saltiness of bacon. The Chocolateria, 361 Roncesvalles Ave, Toronto, ON M6R 2M8.
• Nothing says a sophisticated lady like a Bowmore Single Malt Scotch chocolate or try the “Marshmallow’s Queen” a fresh Madagascar vanilla bean and wild flower honey marshmallows! This warm and inviting shop owner will be a fast friend with Mom by the time you leave. Chocolate by Wickerhead, 2375 Queen St. East, Toronto, ON M4E 1H.
• Old Country Gift Shop- Hello ‘Scho-ka-kola’! Night nurses swear by it because it’s basically the Red Bull of the chocolate world.
• If mom is more of a plain Jane, she will devour the classic mint chocolate smoothie from M. Thompson Chocolates.
Luscious milk chocolate square with a creamy mint center. Still feeling wacky, well signature chocolate is an option too. So, you can get whatever you want for Mom! M Thompson Chocolates, 388 Carlaw Ave Unit W 11 Toronto, ON, M4M 2T4.
• Visit Stubbe’s for old world charm and family tradition since 1845. Fine German chocolates, truffles, pastries and tortes including the bold tang of a Blood Orange Truffle. Time-honored flavors made right on the premises. Stubbe, 653 Dupont Street Toronto, ON, M6G 1Z4.
• Feeling adventurous or perhaps even experimental? Welcome to the world of mad science that is Xococava. Black olive chocolate, fennel pollen, szechwan peppercorn and black trumpet mushroom truffle. No I am not making a pasta, this is experimental chocolate at it's best. If you like danger, delve into a periodic table of chocolate adventure. No seriously, their chocolate menu is a periodic table of chocolaty elements. Xococava, 1560 Yonge St. Toronto, ON, M4T 2S9.
• Make Mom’s palate sing with the Truffle Bollywood from Odile Chocolat. Cardamom and silver leaf, 70% cocoa. Odile Chocolat, 829 Dundas St. West, Toronto, ON, M6J 1V3
Besides, everyone knows the way to any woman’s heart is through her stomach.
Love chocolate stories and facts? Be sure to check out our previous blog here